Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Invitations and Replies

I sent out about 80 invitations in mid June. I honestly wasn't sure how many to expect back right away. I also did not expect receiving RSVPs to be so much fun! People have put notes, pictures, and jokes on them. For the first couple weeks, every day Mike and I would have a pile waiting for us after work. We would excitedly open up the cards to see who had written back. Though the stream of cards has slowed down, we still get a few every now and then. We are waiting on 31 more RSVPs, not so bad.

If you remember, my invitations were handmade by my bridesmaids and I. Everyone came into town for a weekend in March and we sat down for some serious cutting, pasting, addressing, and assembling. For a reminder on that awesome weekend check out my previous post.

Now that all my guests have received them, here are my invitations!
My reply cards:
And a few of my favorite replies:

5 comments:

  1. They were gorgeous and I loved them, but c'mon, I drew a PICTURE on my RSVP. Next time I'm going to staple a comic to it so that I can be on your blog (which I clearly stalk) :-P

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, my picture is there. I stayed up too late with fireworks. Now I feel loved and happy, though stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're on your blog! Think I filled that out wrong, but we did love your invites! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily- I like your creative use of the "M"!

    And Dana, of course your drawing is included!

    I don't know if you can see what the last one says, but the person (who is definitely coming to the wedding) checked declined and wrote "Sorry, we have to clean our house that day. Good luck with the whole marriage thing." Very sarcastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, I could read it but I just thought, "Man, that person is a jerk. I'm glad they're not coming!"

    ReplyDelete