Monday, June 27, 2011

Party Time: Part 2

It's funny when you think about a wedding as a big party, because how many parties have a whole series of other parties leading up to them? I had my invitation making party, my bachelorette party, and now my bridal shower. I am by no means complaining. I am always up for a good party, especially when it means time with girlfriends and family.
My future mother-in-law, me, and my mom (I am holding the ribbon bouquet my future sister-in-law made as I opened all my gift, it turned out really well!)

My bridal shower, this weekend, continued the trend of excellent events. I had not been to a bridal shower since I was 13, so I had no idea what to expect. I had heard stories about playing silly games or receiving embarrassing gifts (like scandalous lingerie), but I should have known not to worry. My shower was hosted by two of my fiance's aunts. They definitely know how to throw a party. The shower was full of yummy food, really nice gifts, and great people! I appreciate so much all the wonderful presents and the opportunity to see so many friends and family members. My parents came down to stay with us for the weekend, so my mom got to meet more of my fiance's family and some of my friends. It's always a delight when people from different parts of my life come together and get along.

Me with my friends and my future sister-in-law

On another note, I also went to a friend's wedding in early June. It was fun to attend a wedding while in the planning stages of my own. My friend's ceremony and reception were beautiful, as was she! It was especially enjoyable to be seated with all of my friends from high school.
Me with my bridesmaids "D" and "S" at the wedding this June.

My summer of parties is far from over! I'm sure there will be more stories to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment